RBS sample "Absolute path is required" runtime error

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Edited Mar 22, 2011 at 12:59 PM

hi,

this sample is the only available resource to understand the RBS API...lots of thanks for providing it..

i successfully configured my DB server and App server with RBS installation. when i try to run the Application.exe ,i am facing an issue.

the error message is as follows

D:\rbssample>binaries\Application.exe

Running Remote Blob Storage Sample ApplicationSuccessfully created Application test tables.

Running the Store Simple SampleAn error occurred when running the Application sample.System.ArgumentException: Absolute path information is required. at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[] str, Boolean needFullPath)   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)   at System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccessaccess, String path)   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)   at Microsoft.Data.SqlRemoteBlobs.ProviderClass.Initialize()   at Microsoft.Data.SqlRemoteBlobs.Global.Initialize()   at Microsoft.Data.SqlRemoteBlobs.SqlRemoteBlobContext..ctor(SqlConnection connection, BlobStoreCredentialsList credentialsList, ConfigItemList config)   at Microsoft.Samples.RemoteBlobStorage.StoreSimple.RunStoreSimple(String connectionString)   at Microsoft.Samples.RemoteBlobStorage.Application.Main(String[] args)

i am tryin to store blob by network UNC path "\\remotesystem\blobstore"..

where "remotesystem" is the system where "blobstore" is shared folder and i am using it as blobstore.. 

can anyone please help me to understand what exactly is going wrong....

thanks a lot