Can I install RBS in non domain memeber front end server?

Aug 5, 2010 at 6:19 AM

When I install RBS.msi on the non AD member front end server. connention to BlobStorage DB is failed.

Message ID:3, Level:ERR , Process:6244, Thread:14Blob 저장소 <FilestreamProvider_1>에서 이 예외가 발생했습니다.Operation: UnknownBlobStoreId: 1Log Time: 2010-08-05 오전 6:13:07Exception: Microsoft.Data.SqlRemoteBlobs.BlobStoreException: 일반 데이터베이스 오류가 발생했습니다. 자세한 내용은 포함된 예외를 참조하십시오. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.   위치: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)   위치: System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)   위치: System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)   위치: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)   위치: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)   위치: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)   위치: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)

rbs_install_log.txt 

Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

I guess the RBS is not support SQL Auithentication.

Is it true?

Editor
Aug 5, 2010 at 3:57 PM

RBS supports both Windows and SQL Authentication, however the RBS Filestream provider (which is the source of the error above) only supports Windows authentication as this is a restriction of the SQL FILESTREAM feature.

If you want to use the RBS Filestream provider your only option is to use Windows Authentication.

Oct 25, 2011 at 8:28 PM

I have the exact same scenario. I read on another post that SQL authentication for RBS/SQL FileStream Provieder is supported in SQL 2008 R2. Is that the case?

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Hi Satish,

RBS without the Filestream Provider does support SQL authentication, but if you want to use Filestream provider, then you cannot use SQL authentication. In this case, the only option is to use Windows authentication since this is a restriction of SQL Filestream.